Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast, I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His
presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My pace is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear!

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.
Henry b. Eyring

Friday, October 14, 2011

Welcome

Having been deeply inspired by amazing friends (such as Becky, who writes blogs where I am laughing out loud), by the call to speak out about what I believe by church leaders, and simply wanting to stay in better contact with myself and friends,  I decided it would be fun to make my own blog, or more correctly, one for both Tanner and I together.  If I were to have my wish, this blog would inspire those who need inspiring, lift those who are down, help those having a bad day laugh, and help me at least have an online journalish thing.

So to you, my reader, I say welcome! Welcome to my new world of being married to an amazing, fire-loving, thoughtful, adorably freckled fireman.  It is a world of a usually school-loving straight backed girl who suddenly has begun to long for school-free days, a pretty home to invite people to enjoy with me, puppies and children, and who is trying to learn how to let her hair down.  It is the world where a chocoholic has been denied sugar and is trying to find meaning in life that doesn't involve delicious treats.  And it is a world where an imperfect girl, is striving to become the best she can be.
Welcome to all readers, with great hopes that some thing here may change your life for the better! Or at least help you giggle.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely friend--thank you for the shout-out. I love this intro to your blog. I hope you enjoy putting your thoughts down, It has been a terrific outlet for me.

    Now, what's this about being denied sugar?

    ReplyDelete